Wednesday 12 October 2016

Introduction

Thanks for stopping by

This blog is a place where I'll be developing my ideas on things that we sometimes overlook when talking about climate and questioning why we make certain decisions about the climate and world in general.

I'm a geographer surrounded by other geographers and we seem to spend a lot of time looking at problems with the world and examining some ways to fix them.

I'm also a member of society, and at least in the UK, I feel that we're a decent bunch and we do have some sort of an environmental conscience. We try to do our bit, some more than others, whether this is through buying an eco-friendly car, recycling or simply 'thinking about the environment'... whatever that means.

Pretty much for all of my living memory, climate change has been something that a lot of more important geographers than me, are concerned about. It's something that I'm interested in too and I guess that's how I've ended up doing a geography degree at UCL.

Over the coming weeks and months I'll be casting a critical eye over some of the practices that we've adopted as responses to climate change and questioning how and why we set our priorities as individuals and wider societies. I'm going to try and look beyond the obvious and in some ways I guess I'm going to take a slightly contrarian approach to some familiar topics but my hope is that this will encourage people to engage with my blog and hopefully post some comments.

Anyway, stay tuned, more to come very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment